CLUSTER LITURGY COMMITTEE Section A. Purpose
1. To assist the Pastor in facilitating the liturgical prayer of the community.
2. To nourish and give direction to the liturgical worship of the cluster (parishes), including the elements of spirituality, music, environment, liturgical ministers, and attention to liturgical norms.
Section B. Membership1. The Pastor, who in the name of the bishop, is the principal liturgist.
2. Pastoral Minister and staff persons associated with liturgy (liturgist, music director, musicians, Cluster RCIA coordinator).
3. Coordinators of various liturgical ministries (readers, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, musicians, ushers/greeters, altar servers, sacristans, those who prepare the environment).
4. Representation may be solicited as needed from other parishioners whose contributions would be helpful to the committee.
5. The size of the cluster committee is regulated by the committee in order to accommodate efficiency and effectiveness.Section C. Functions1. To engage in its own ongoing formation in order to develop an understanding of liturgical theology and liturgical spirituality.
2. To implement the liturgical guidelines issued by the universal Church and the Archdiocese.
3. To collaborate with the Pastor in order to prepare liturgical celebrations consistent with the theology and practice of the universal Church.
4. To assess liturgical celebrations with a view toward their strengths, weaknesses, and needed improvements.
5. To promote awareness of the liturgical year through various celebrations and prayer services and through aesthetic environment.
6. To identify people qualified for various liturgical ministries of the parish, e.g., extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, all musicians, ministers of hospitality, readers, sacristans, servers, those who prepare the environment, etc.
7. To provide training and scheduling for the various liturgical ministers and to assess their performance.
8. To prepare guidelines for baptisms, weddings, and funerals in collaboration with the Pastor, music coordinators, and those who coordinate their preparation.
9. To communicate the work of the committee to the Cluster Pastoral Council via written report or liaison.
At times, parishes within a cluster may wish to delegate various standing committees to the cluster pastoral council. This is encouraged in order to maximize the gifts and talents of individuals within the cluster and to enhance opportunities within the cluster. The only exception would be the finance council that is required of every parish.